On March 9th, I turned 48. I really wanted to write this blog post before my birthday as a reflection on the past year, but then, I wanted to get the full feeling of turning 48 before I shared my thoughts. 🙂 I’m weird like that.
I’m the type of person that always looks forward to their birthday. I try to treat myself to something, even if it’s small. A few years, I was lucky enough to do extra special things.
For my 30th birthday, my dad bought my sister and I a trip to Aruba for a week. For my 40th birthday I took trapeze lessons. This year, I bought tickets to see Def Leppard in Vegas in September.
Most years, my birthday would come and go with little reflection. Until this year.
What I know now that I’m 48?
- I have come to learn that my body will go through changes whether I want it to or not.
- I can’t push myself as hard as I used to since I have spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease, facet joint syndrome, and possibly rheumatoid arthritis (the jury is still out on that one). If I do push myself too much, I feel it for days, sometimes weeks.
- Losing weight is much harder these days. Getting toned is also just as hard. I’ve noticed cellulite in places I didn’t think one would get cellulite… like under my left arm pit. WTF?!
- I’ve learned that I need dogs in my life. Those that know me are like, ‘no duh’. Dogs make my soul happy.
- I’ve also learned that I need women in my life too. Thanks to all my Nerdy Girls, I now have plenty! That too makes my soul happy.
- A smile and kindness go a long way.
- My husband is my best friend and my biggest support system.
- I have some of the best friends in the world. Even if I never get to see them.
- I’ve done so much in my life already. Google my name and you’ll see my entire life!
So, there you have it. What I’ve learned now that I’m 48.
P.S. For the entire month of March (my birthday month), you can get our 30 Day Jump Start for only $48! (Normally $97). Time is quickly running out on this awesome deal, so act now while you still can!! Only 10 spots left!!
Click here for details>>> https://nerdygirlfitnessnh.com/pattis-birthday-special